Monday, March 1, 2010

The Three Little Pigs.

Last Friday we went to West Point Nebraska to get Elijah is very own three little pigs. Elijah already had a pig named Wilbur. But last week we got rid of Wilbur and Elijah was very sad that he didn't have a pig. So dad said he would get him a new pig. He got three. Three baby pigs all to his own! Elijah is very happy! His Pigs are Herford hogs. They are called that because they look a lot like a Herford cow. My dad has a Herford bull that I have to take care. I looked at the pigs then I looked at the bull and I think they really do look a lot alike. I think Elijah is going to show them at the fair this year. This is his first year in real 4-H and he likes it! But after that dad says we are going to have to eat the pigs. We asked Elijah if he would be sad. He won't be too sad because after we eat them we will have to get him more pigs!

Everybody on the mess around ranch as there own species of animals. For me its sheep, for Josiah its goats, and for Elijah its pigs! If we ever have another baby what is he going to want? Maybe he's going to want llamas! But most likely we won't have another baby. Its just thought. But if we did...

Pretty soon we will be going to Valley View. We go there once a month and show them what we've been doing in school or 4-H. This time we are going to say some poems for them. It should be fun. After we tell them our poems they give us ice cream or cookies. I'm going to go work on my poem some more so I don't mess up.

Here's a picture of Elijah's pigs. They are so cute!


1 comment:

  1. WOW them Hereford hogs look really cool, I'll bet here in a few years your brother will start to bred them. I heard your Dad took a real likeing to them. Take care and be safe Mr. TimberCreekkid.

    Catch you later.

    ReplyDelete