Monday, March 1, 2010

First Lamb of the Year

Yesturday we got our first lamb of the year!

It was a nice warm Sunday at the Mess Around Ranch. We were able to sleep in because we went to church the night before. Josiah ( My little brother ) wakes up early every morning to go check on the sheep. And every time he comes back I will wake up and ask if any of the sheep lambed. Always he says no. But yesurday was diffrent. Josiah comes in yelling that his sheep lambed. Everybody jumps out of bed and runs outside to see the lamb. The first year I got my sheep I gave Josiah and Elijah there very own sheep for helping me take care of them. So Josiah and Elijah have there own small flock that grows a little each year. Josiah's sheep was the first sheep to lamb this year. He is very pleased. He had one girl lamb. It is very common for Jacob sheep to have twins and triplets. But Josiah only had one. But that's Ok. He still has another sheep to lamb. They all look so close to lambing, I'm worred they are all going to lamb at once! That would be bad because we would run out of places to put them. It would be nice if we just got one or two a day until they are all done. But I don't think that will happen. I can't wait for my sheep to lamb. Josiah got lucky having his lamb be the first one this year. That's a big thing around here. If one lambs then that is a sign that soon more will be coming.

Valley View is coming up and I don't want to miss that! Last week we didn't go because the roads were to bad. Now they aren't great but are able to drive on. Here's a picture of Josiah's sheep. It's so cute! I will put more pictures out when we get more lambs. Wish us luck!

1 comment:

  1. Cool, it's lambing time at the Mess around Ranch.
    Good luck, I hope all goes well.
    Nice picture!! Keep up the good work.

    ReplyDelete