Monday, February 8, 2010

Zoo

Last week we all went to Omaha to the Henry Doorly Zoo. We got to stay over night on a fancy hotel with a in door swiming pool. The beds were great! And the view was nice! I always like to give the hotels I stay in a rating. I would give this a 4 star rating. Only for stars because the pool was closed! They didn't even tell us. We were all mad and sad. Lilli was in tears. Dad went up to the front desk and talked with the manger. They said they could take down the road to another pool but dad said no. Instead we dad took us to the family fun center. I think we had more fun there then we would of had swiming. We got back to the hotel very late at night. We left mom and the two little ones there. We didn't get to bed until so late! But that doesn't mean we went to sleep! We had to share a room with Lilli and Mattias. Lilli kept talking and talking and talking! But lucky for us we had are secret tool. We had out mp3 players all the way up! I didn't get to sleep until 12:30. And if that was bad I had to wake up very early to go to the zoo. Me and mom had some 4-H zoo training. The rest of the family went to the zoo but they had to come home early and do all my chores! But they didn't do a good job. The hose was on the puppys were out The bull didn't have any water. But other then that they did fine.

All the animals are doing just fine. In less then a month we will have baby sheep and goats on the ground. That will be great! I love taking care of all the animals on the farm. The only thing that I could live with out is not taking care of the dad's bull. He has it up at the house all the time now and I have to take care of it. He drinks a lot of water! I guess I don't mind but he's up here 10 months out out of the year! Summer is a great time to take care of the chores but in the cold hard winter all the animals water jugs freeze and then you have to take it out and fight with it. That's the big pain with animals if you ever want to get them. It will be the middle of june and you will want something to do so you will get some sort of animal say, a donkey. Its easy in the summer but then when the first winter snow comes it gets harder to take care of it.

Well, I have to go. Guess who has to milk again today. That's right! Me. I don't mind that much because when we milk we get the reward of playing pirate game on the computer. So its worth it. I need to blog more often then I do. bye.

1 comment:

  1. Dude I really like your writting style. Sounds like you had fun at the Zoo and hotel.

    Have a good one and be safe around your Dad's Bull!

    ReplyDelete